This page will summarize and review some of the many products I’ve used over the years. My interests include technology, photography, drones, and more.
I’m a hobbyist photographer and drone pilot. Here’s a photo of my DJI Mavic Pro wearing its sunglasses Polar Pro filters taken using my A6000 camera:
Here’s some Mavic footage:
I also try to post my photos to Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iominh/
Currently I use the following:
- Sony A7RII: Great camera that I love for its portability, silent shooting, IBIS, and high resolution.
- DJI Mavic Pro: I love the Mavic for its portability (fits in a small camera bag) and 4k photos + videos.
- Polar Pro Filters DJI Mavic Filters-Cinema Series-Vivid Collection: These ND filters work great with the Mavic during the day when it’s bright outside.
- Sony A6000: I love its portability, autofocus, and speed
- Sony SEL35F18 35mm f/1.8 prime fixed lens: I’ve found this lens to be incredibly sharp and great for portraits or night shots. Its 35mm focal length (52.5mm effectively with the 1.5 crop factor), however, makes it difficult for some shots like indoor shots.
- Manfrotto MTPIXI-B PIXI Mini Tripod: I love this tripod’s portability as it can just fit into a backpack or bag
- GoPro HERO5 Black: I found the GoPro to work great but for 4k video (or even 1080p) I think I might need to invest in a gimbal as a lot of the footage I’ve taken has been shaky / unstable.
As a full-time software engineer, I invest a lot in having the best equipment possible to do my job.
- Apple Wireless keyboard: I was skeptical of a bluetooth keyboard but found this keyboard to perform well (I can type more than 110WPM sometimes) with great battery life
- SteelSeries Sensei Laser Gaming Mouse RAW - Rubberized Black: I really like the form factor of this mouse but wish there was a wireless version
- Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse: A great wireless mouse but I actually prefer the SteelSeries because the MX Master requires my hand to be raised higher off of my desk.